Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scarlet Dreams


It is good to be back with blogging and to exhibit my paintings after a very long while. I had missed the fun as well as serious activities and discussions in the blog world and the pull of his old habit was too much to resist that I must say I am back. Though I have made umpteen declarations to this effect several times before, I really think I am here to stay on a regular basis. I am divinely motivated..Lol! My mind is crowded with images that feed my dreams and these images have a strong bearing upon my inner consciousness, which, in one way or the other speak my own thoughts in my own voice which, ultimately paint I must!

As always my gallery is a place to view works of art for all those who love to understand, appreciate, critique, and create works of their own. It is also a place to take a stroll, sit, stretch your back and relax as the pores of your soul absorb the essence of these paintings. It is a meeting place of likeminded wandering souls like my own self. Comments are essential to any work of art, to enrich and embellish it with various points of view. After all, what is more important is what a painting does to you than what a painting is in the eyes of its creator.

Let’s see what this painting does to you.

Title : Scarlet dreams

Medium : watercolour on coldpressed paper (300 gsm)

Size : 14.5 x 21 cms

Vinod Laxman

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hy Vinod! Great gallery. I really hope to see live your paintings :). Hugs and have a nice spring since tomorrow is 1st of March:)

Sketch Gurl said...

Good to see you back, Vinod. The name of this painting itself is so magical - Scarlet Dreams.

Peaceful Sun - Karina said...

I have been trying to get in touch with you about using a painted you painted a long time ago I want to make it the cover of my book, You may recall my website: Journey of a Creative Mind

Peaceful Sun - Karina said...

I'm happy you have returned, I've missed you! I as well took a break or sebatical from my creative spirit. You know how your creations have touched my soul. In fact, I wanted to use your painting for the cover of my book and with your permission I still plan to do so. Thank you for coming back, I made a promise to myself to write, and write I will.